Based on MySQL 5.6.36, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server for MySQL 5.6.34-79.1 is the current GA release in the Percona Server for MySQL 5.6 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.36-82.1 milestone at Launchpad.
Please note that RHEL 5, CentOS 5 and Ubuntu versions 12.04 and older are not supported in future releases of Percona Server for MySQL and no further packages are added for these distributions.
- Percona Server for MySQL can now be built with support of OpenSSL 1.1.
- Percona Server for MySQL is now available on Debian 9 (stretch). The support only covers the amd64 architecture.
- TokuDB enables to kill a query that is awaiting an FT locktree lock.
- Row counts in TokuDB could be lost intermittently after restarts. Bug fixed #2.
- In TokuDB, two races in the fractal tree lock manager could significantly affect transactional throughput for some applications that used a small number of concurrent transactions. These races manifested as transactions unnecessarily waiting for an available lock. Bug fixed #3.
- TokuDB could assert when opening a dictionary with no useful information to error log. Bug fixed #23.
- TokuDB could assert for various reasons deserializing nodes with no useful error output. Bug fixed #24.
- Percona Server could crash when running a query over a partitioned table that uses an index to read a range of rows if this range was not covered by any existing partition. Bug fixed #1657941 (upstream #76418).
- With two client connections to a server (debug server build), the server could crash after one of the clients set the global option userstat and flushed the client statistics (FLUSH CLIENT_STATISTICS) and then both clients were closed. Bug fixed #1661488.
- TokuDB did not pass cmake flags on to snappy cmake. Bug fixed #41. The progress status for partitioned TokuDB table ALTERs was misleading. Bug fixed #42.
- When a client application is connecting to the Aurora cluster end point using SSL (--ssl-verify-server-cert or --ssl-mode=VERIFY_IDENTITY option), wildcard and SAN enabled SSL certificates were ignored. See also Compatibility Matrix. Note that the --ssl-verify-server-cert option is deprecated in Percona Server 5.7. Bug fixed #1673656 (upstream #68052).
- Killing a stored procedure execution could result in an assert failure on a debug server build. Bug fixed #1689736 (upstream #86260).
- It was not possible to build Percona Server on Debian 9 (stretch) due to issues with OpenSSL 1.1. Bug fixed #1702903 (upstream #83814).
- The SET STATEMENT .. FOR statement changed the global instead of the session value of a variable if the statement occurred immediately after the SET GLOBAL or SHOW GLOBAL STATUS command. Bug fixed #1385352.
- The synchronization between the LRU manager and page cleaner threads was not done at shutdown. Bug fixed #1689552.