Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.24-31.33 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.24
- Galera Replication library 3.25
- Galera/Codership WSREP API Release 5.7.24
The following variables are deprecated starting from this release:
- wsrep_preordered was used to turn on transparent handling of preordered replication events applied locally first before being replicated to other nodes in the cluster. It is not needed anymore due to the carried out performance fix eliminating the lag in asynchronous replication channel and cluster replication.
- innodb_disallow_writes usage to make InnoDB avoid writes during SST was deprecated in favor of the innodb_read_only variable.
- wsrep_drupal_282555_workaround avoided the duplicate value creation caused by buggy auto-increment logic, but the correspondent bug is already fixed.
- session-level variable binlog_format=STATEMENT was enabled only for pt-table-checksum, which would be addressed in following releases of the Percona Toolkit.
- PXC-2220: Starting two instances of Percona XtraDB Cluster on the same node could cause writing transactions to a page store instead of a galera.cache ring buffer, resulting in huge memory consumption because of retaining already applied write-sets.
- PXC-2230: rgcs.fc_limit=0 not allowed as dynamic setting to avoid generating flow control on every message was still possible in my.cnf due to the inconsistent check.
- PXC-2238: setting read_only=1 caused race condition.
- PXC-1131: mysqld-systemd threw an error at MySQL restart in case of non-existing error-log in Centos/RHEL7.
- PXC-2269: being not dynamic, the pxc_encrypt_cluster_traffic variable was erroneously allowed to be changed by a SET GLOBAL statement.
- PXC-2275: checking wsrep_node_address value in the wsrep_sst_common command line parser caused parsing the wrong variable.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!